Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ducks and Painting

The weather has been quite moderate all month, making noontime walks a pleasure.  The mirror calm South Harbor provided smooth sailing for these local waterfowl.  

 A reflected patch of Petersburg mountain caught my eye.
Back in the studio, paintings are progressing.  
I like working on two at a time.

This is the painting on the right above, after the second morning.
And the same painting again at the end of the second day.
The smaller painting - finished for now.
And a detail...

I’m working with acrylic and paper on canvas with some transferring and stamping thrown in.  Finding my way in paint again after years in other media is an interesting venture as I slowly rediscover its magic – so direct. 

6 comments:

  1. Sus, love the paintings! I've been feeling the pull of the paint lately too. It's been so long...

    The ducks are lovely.

    Have a great start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to paint now. These are delightful! Not a touch of winter in them either.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sus. luv, luv, LUV the paintings, but I see them translated into fabric...my bias!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sus, that first photo: amazing !!! These beautiful circles in the calm waters of the harbour, (and the ducks making them) really fantastic!
    Love what you do with your paintings. layer over layer ...
    (you're still in there, under the houses and new tulips ... hi,hi..)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh the water looks silver.
    I can see your fabric work in your painting - such an instinct for colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paintings Sus. You have a natural flow to your strokes, almost like stitching, but not quite. I see some ladders too! What's a painting without ladders or circles or colour? ha ha!
    Your photos really capture the glass like quality of the water. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...