watercolor pencils and watercolor in 9x6 sketchbook
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
After work at the studio yesterday we went out the road for the afternoon walk. We were surprised to be the only ones on the trail, as it was a beautiful out there – clear, still, and not all that cold.
Even Flossy’s rambunctious barking didn’t concern them.
|The melting snow turned to a perfect drop of ice as the sun went down.|
|A bit of snow had recently fallen, just enough to remind us that winter still has the stage.|
We headed back to my truck as the light dwindled and went on home to supper.
My birthday today was quiet as befits one turning into her 6th decade. So much to be grateful for! Happy week to all; see you Wednesday if not before.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Winter has been mild for weeks, but it's still winter. Grey, blue, silver and black is the predominating color scheme outdoors.
Flowers from our daughter as an early birthday gift! They smell sweet, too.
These are the paintings I am working on as they stood at the close of this day. Both are acrylic and paper on canvas.
I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Flossy and I are pleased to have received our first blog award, the Liebster, bestowed upon our little bight in Blogland by Nadia over at the Province of Multicolored Pieces. Thank you, Nadia.
As part of the terms of the award, we in turn honor 5 other bloggers with 200 or fewer followers whose work consistently moves us. Our nominations:
1. Fiberrainbow – From her home in the Netherlands, Els shares her love of color through photos of her beautiful felted works and fiber art in a voice which is kindly and joyful, always on the sunny side.
2. Cachepot – Poetic drawings by a loving soul who nourishes her readers with photos and writings which are spiritual meditations.
3. Here with T – T’s art is created with a deep sense of connection to the land she loves. Her photos of Australia transport me from my rainy, cold home to her warm, parched one.
4. Carole Reid – A fellow Northwesterner, Carole’s blog shares her wonderful art and warm sense of humor.
5. True Adventures of an Art Addict – Honest, intelligent writing accompanies Sharmon’s dreamy artwork.
From what I have been able to research, the Liebster Award: honors bloggers of note who have under 200 followers. The Rules (of course, this is entirely voluntary):
1. Thank the giver and link back to her/him.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and leave a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
Blogging continues to make my life rich and full in connection with all of you through reading your beautiful blogs and corresponding via comments and email. Thanks again, Nadia, and happy day to all from Flossy and me, sus