Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Fork in the Road


The exhibit of right around 30 pieces I’ve completed over the past year goes up at a local gallery Friday.  Yesterday the radio station reporter interviewed me about the show.  It was interesting to take a look at some of the work through his eyes, and to realize that I have arrived at a turning point once again – the end of one path and the beginning of another.  

pigma pen and prismacolor pencil in 5x7 moleskine
This fork in the road is a good place to be standing near the close of the year.  Over the next weeks I will be examining my accomplishments for 2011, and setting goals on paper for 2012.  I did this last year, following Zom’s good example, and found it very helpful: self-esteem building to look back and see a bit of progress; illuminating to envision and prioritize undertakings ahead.  

One of my intentions for the new year ahead is to continue learning how to push Photoshop Elements around.   
original photograph of swatch
Remember this little fabric sample I think I showed you the other day? 

I brought the image into PSE...
and turned it into this using blending modes and filters.  Quite addictive, really!




5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 2011 accomplishments! It does help to tote them up and set goals on paper. And I'd like to improve my Photoshop skills too--it's empowering! Can't wait to see what direction you will be taking in 2012 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the show and on your new path. How nice it must be to see all of your work hanging together in the gallery. I'm still not sure about my fork, I think I may still be in the pre-fork stages. Would that be the handle?
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great show! I always find that the moment after the show goes up is an ending of a cycle. Some breathing time needs to happen before I can start up again. This year, however, its the studio.... once I move into the finished space, I have an inkling that a very new cycle will begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your show is wonderful and well-received. Re: goal setting ~ after many years of doing just that, I'm taking a softer approach to things these days. More like just following my heart and seeing what emerges. I figure what I do accomplish was meant to be so, and what doesn't get done obviously wasn't meant to. And believe me, I used to be quite a whip-cracker with myself. I do just as much/am just as (or more) productive now, but I do it with ease and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all you have accomplished this year! I have enjoyed seeing some of it on your blog. Your work is beautiful. Make sure you take tons of photos of the show for those of us who live too far away to see it all in person! Enjoy this time. Looking forward to 2012 too. xo Carole

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...