Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Silk Organza for New Jellies

I am very pleased with my start on the next series of jelly fish sculptures, which I washed out yesterday after allowing to cure since painting last week.


The squares range in size from 23" to 17".  I used procion with citric acid following Anne Johnston's methods.  I thicken some dye while some was left very thin.


Today I will continue trimming these with Angelina fibers, a time consuming and rather nerve wracking process which yields beautiful results (or I wouldn't be doing it)!

Yesterday I also the muslin figure I buried late July.  I will post her tomorrow, along with pix of the Rain Forest Art Exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...