Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lichen Dye Figure #1 - Completed

In addition to taking down the exhibit at the Clausen Museum, today I spent time with the cedar sticks I picked up on my Wednesday evening walk, preparing them as arms and legs for the little lichen dyed raw silk Deer Woman.  The scents of cedar and lichen sweetened the air as I peeled off bark and worked the sticks smooth with sand paper.

 I decided to have the arms and legs be more of a structural element, using continuous sticks and then binding on forearms using one of my favorite materials, artificial sinew from Dharma Trading Co.

 Detail of her arms and head


I plan to make this figure free-standing by anchoring her feet in air-drying clay covered with beach stones or other natural material.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...